Shine • Growth • Hydration
This is a recipe for a beautiful Herbal Hair Rinse. The main ingredients are simply rosemary and water, but there are some optional herbs and roots to add.
Rosemary is one of the most amazing herbs for your hair. Traditionally rosemary has been used to:
- enhance hair growth
- lessen hair shedding
- make hair smell beautiful
- make hair shiny and soft
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary leaves (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon marshmallow root
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon (or ½ tablespoon dried) of any of the following:
HERBS THAT DARKEN HAIR
- sage leaves
HERBS FOR DRY HAIR
- marshmallow root
HERBS FOR OILY HAIR
- lemon balm
- Thyme stimulates hair follicles, hydrates and adds shine.
- Lavender balances scalp oils.
- Sage darkens greys, hydrates, balances and promotes a healthy scalp.
- Marshmallow root conditions, moisturises, hydrates and helps detangle.
- Clove darkens greys, conditions and hydrates.
- Fenugreek conditions and hydrates.
- Chamomile, mint and lemon balm balances and are astringent.
- Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the herbs and roots, reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the water sit with the herbs and roots in the pot until cool and dark brown.
- Strain and put in a bottle.
I used a bottle with a squirt top to make it easier to dispense
Massage the infusion into your scalp and hair.
- let it sit in your hair for 10-20 minutes and wash as normal,
- or leave in until the next wash.
It can be applied:
- after exercise instead of shampooing
- after shampooing, instead of conditioning
- or after shampoo/conditioner and left in as a treatment
- or washed out.
The quantity in the recipe should be able to do 2-4 applications depending on your hair length/thickness.
Store in the fridge and use within 2 weeks.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
WANT TO GO SHOPPING?
Here are some links for some of the ingredients and equipment involved in making this spell.