Floor Sweep • Banishment • Fertility
Traditionally, witches kept a Broomstick near the hearth to prevent evil spirits from entering the house.
TYPES OF BROOMSTICKS
- Some witches use fancy decorated broomsticks, often these are hand-carved and hand-made
- There are small altar broomsticks (pictured)
- Looser single-use broomstick
- There are ritual-only broomsticks which never actually touch the floor
- Some witches use broomsticks that double as the normal household sweeping broom
WHAT ARE BROOMSTICKS MADE WITH?The most common type of broomstick woods are:
- ash stick - as it is said to provide the most protection
- willow twigs - as willow belongs to Hecate.
- Floor washes / sweeps
- Happy marriages
- Purifying an area
- In honour of certain deities
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
WANT TO GO SHOPPING?
Here are some links for some of the ingredients and equipment mentioned.